Thursday, November 12, 2009

MIST blog

This week in MIST class I gained knowledge on Net Neutrality. It was fun to hear classmates debate on this current event topic; mainly because it will affect us all. I think I am still against net neutrality because I am not comfortable with the FCC being a “lawful” body. I think both sides had valid points and it should be interesting to see how net neutrality plays out.

Another interesting topic was e-commerce. The types of e-commerce are Business to Consumer, Business to Business, Consumer to Consumer, Peer to Peer, and Mobile commerce. E-commerce is made up of 7 dimensions. Those dimensions included ubiquity, global reach, universal standards, richness, interactivity, information density, and personalization. All pieces allow business to make transactions on the Internet. Similarly in order for businesses to be successful they should have a business model. The business model has eight key elements. These elements include value proposition, revenue model, market opportunity, competitive environment, competitive advantage, market strategy, management team, and operational model.

No comments:

Post a Comment